Client Update: Living Room Progress


As you know, I've been helping my parent's redesign their living room over the past few months. We're in the home stretch! Here was the initial game plan for the living room, then you helped us choose a rug (and then the rug arrived that we chose and my mom didn't love it as much as she did online, so we returned it and started over!), and now we've got a new rug everyone loves, a beautiful new coffee table, the most beautiful accent wallpaper in the dining room, and a pretty sofa (more on that below…)

I wanted to give you a peek at the progress, so first up is the stunning new coffee table we found at a local design store here in the Bay Area, Traditionally Derby. I cannot rave enough about this shop. I actually just started helping them with their social media over the last few weeks, which has been so fun, but I just love the store owner and workers to pieces. They're kind, helpful and everything in Derby is downright beautiful and stylish. The gold coffee table with a mirrored top is perfect for our room because we already have accents of gold around the room. Our curtain rods are gold, the painting above the sofa is framed in gold, and the chandelier is (unfortunately) gold/brass looking. We'd love to switch this out in the future when budget allows, but for now, it's staying.

Here she is...  


I simply styled the coffee table with a few of my favorite design books and magazines, a candle and some fresh flowers. 






The side table lamp is from Lulu & Georgia and it's a crowd favorite. Everyone wants to know where we got this lamp! We just love it. Again, the gold accents on the lamp ties everything together. We love the pillows, too!

On a side note, our sofa will be getting replaced. The company we chose to get the sofa from, Thomasville, has been really disappointing to work with. I wouldn't normally say that about a company, but this has been such a frustrating experience, I want to be sure I'm honest with my readers.  Anyways, long story short, the sofa fabric began pilling about 2 weeks after we got it (not characteristic of a linen blend) so I called to tell them this and say we needed to get the sofa remade in a different, more durable fabric apparently. After a whole slew of upsetting customer service, we finally got our sofa to be remade and it will be arriving sometime in the next few weeks. It will be a nice neutral, beige color, so it will be perfect with the lamp and the rug. We'll miss this light dove gray fabric, but hoping the basket weave fabric we've ordered now will hold up much better. 




Here's my favorite thing about the room….that glorious Phillip Jeffries wallpaper!!! Cue confetti. 
The textured grasscloth wallpaper really accents the tall ceilings, brings great visual interest to the space without being overwhelming and the subtle, light blue/gray diamond pattern is a great way to tie in the blue/gray from the other side of the room.  

The Ballard Designs mirrors are also a show stopper. We needed something really tall to help bring the eye up, focusing on how grand the ceilings are. These do the trick!





We ordered a yard of this beautiful fabric for one more throw pillow to go in the middle of the sofa (my grandma is going to make it!) Since the dining room chairs are upholstered in this "cranberry" color and my parents clients wanted to keep the dining chairs the same, we needed to find a way to bring the cranberry color over into the living room half of the space. This was the perfect find! I can't wait to get the pillows on the sofa to complete the look.


Sources | Rug / Coffee Table (similar styles) / Coffee Table Books / Dining Room Mirrors / Gold Dining Table Runner / End Table Lamp / Wallpaper / Navy Pillows / Cream Pillows (these are sold out, but here are some others that are great, too!) / 

So there's what is going on in our living room for now. How do you like the look of it so far? My clients are really happy, and that's the best feeling ever! Do you love it as much as we do?

Have a wonderful Thursday! This week is flying by :)
xoxo
Photobucket

17 comments

  1. It is beautiful Michaela!! I love all of the colors and the wallpaper is gorge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just beautiful Michaela, you did a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO gorgeous and honestly I just can't get over the beauty of those ceilings....my word....that is where my eye went and wanted to stay!!! Love all the colors and how you tied everything together! Such an inviting space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Michaela! I really love the coffee table it's perfect for the room

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful! I absolutely love the coffee table decision and hope the new sofa is perfect for you all.

    xo, Kylie Rae

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness! i love the rug and coffee table! that's a bummer about your sofa though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This room is so gorgeous and airy! I can't wait until we finally own a home so it's worth investing in quality pieces like this!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Michaela. I will get the pillows done soon!
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely gorgeous! your parents are lucky to have you around!

    Shannon
    http://GBBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michaela, I found your blog and think it's lovely. What a beautiful living room you did for your parents! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Their living room is absolutely gorgeous! You have done a great job!

    Now I'm thinking maybe we should paint our mantel white to balance out all of the brick.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top